Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz




Title: Blue Bloods
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Series: Blue Bloods
Genres: Young adult, fantasy, romance, fiction
Pages: 302
Published: 2007   

Publisher: Hyperion 




SYNOPSIS

 Schulyer Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesne, her prestigious New York City private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes to the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates. But when she turns fifteen, Schulyer's life changes dramatically. The death of a popular schoolmate haunts her in unexpected ways. And stangest of all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her.
Once an outcast, Schulyer is thrust into Manhattan's most exclusive social circle. Its members are the powerful, the wealthy and —as Schulyer soon discover — the unhuman. They are Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires, and for centuries they've been invincible. Now something is preying on this elite group, and Schulyer wants to find out the truth. But is she the most vulnerable of them all?

WHAT I THINK

Schulyer has two friends, Oliver and Dylan, and all of them three are 'outcast'. But soon Schulyer is drawn to Jack Force, the elite guy, at the dance. They dance and everything else is forgotten, even Oliver. Schulyer gets to know that she's a vampire, as well as the others. Still she's different than the others. Jack gives her the cold shoulder and all kinds of things start happening.

I read some of the rewievs of this book and had a bit bad feeling about it. But I really liked this one! I couldn't put it down at all, I just had to know what's going to happen. And so I read it in two days, which is kind of record for me nowadays. I have to get my hands on the second part as soon as possible, I just need to know what's going to happen.
I love the idea of 'different vampires'. I mean that they aren't like the ones in vampire diaries or twilight. They do have all kinds of abilities but not all of them, they can't be killed at all (like with stakes etc), garlic doesn't affect on them etc. It was very different from the other vampire books I've read, in a good way.
Schulyer kind of reminds me of myself. I was kinda loner with very few friends at school, I still am. I like to wear baggy clothes, not everything that is in right now. I really hoped that she would get together with Jack, partly because I hated Mimi. Mimi's just too bossy and arrogant. But maybe he was not right for her, he obviously doesn't want to know the real Schulyer. Otherwise he would have tried harder.
I'll still give just 4 stars. I feel like this still misses something. Some things were left with no explanations and for me those felt important. Like what happens to them when they die, how do they wake up again in a new body? Do they just drop the blood in some random baby or what?  But I truly recommend everyone who likes young adult fantasy books to read this one, though I think everyone has already read it, I'm just late!






WANT TO BUY BOOKS WITH FREE SHIPPING?
Use this link to get to Book Depository and I'll receive a small commission and you can buy some awesome books with free shipping!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

 
Hanna Reads Blog Design by Ipietoon