Landline by Rainbow Rowell

BOOK INFO


Title: Landline
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Genres: Fiction, contemporary, romance, adult, chick lit
Pages: 308
Published: July 8th 2014
Publisher: St. Martin's Press






 

SYNOPSIS 

Georgie McCool knows her marriage is in trouble; it has been in trouble for a long time. She still loves her husband, Neal, and Neal still loves her, deeply —but that almost seems beside the point now.
Maybe that was always beside the point.
Two days before they're supposed to visit Neal's family in Omaha for Christmas, Georgie tells Neal that she can't go. She's a TV writer, and something's come up on her show; she has to stay in Los Angeles. She knows that Neal will be upset with her
— Neal is always a little upset with Georgie — but she doesn't expect him to pack up the kids and go home without her.
When her husband and the kids leave for the airport, Georgie wonders if she's finally done it. If she's ruined everything.
That night, Georgie discovers a way to communicate with Neal in the past. It's not time travel, not exactly, but she feels like she's been given an opportunity to fix her marriage before it starts...
Is that what she's supposed to do?
Or would Georgie and Neal be better off if their marriage never happened?

WHAT I THINK

I liked this book but I didn't like like this book. It was nice to read and I enjoyed it but it wasn't something that I had to read at one sitting. 
Georgie has to stay home because of the TV show is supposed to be done at Christmas break, she knows it will upset Neal but still, still she decides to stay home. Neal takes the kids an leave to Omaha, that upsets Georgie. Was she thinking that they wouldn't leave, that they'd stay home with her even though they had tickets and all to Omaha? I got so irritated about Georgie at this point already. I know this show meant a lot for them but still, I think they could have managed without her. 
She's feeling bad and Neal's not even answering her calls. She stays in touh with the kids though. And then she finds a way to contact with Neal in 1998. 

I was so happy that they could hopefully make things better between eachothers and have a happy ending. But some of their calls made me irritated again. It felt like she wanted nothing but pick up a fight with Neal. She brought up things he didn't want to talk anymore, he got angry, she felt bad, they both felt bad. And I was like, TALK TO EACHOTHERS, don't fight, TALK and the important, LISTEN. 

Halfway of the book I started to think that they are so over. Neal would leave her and move to Omaha with girls and Georgie would start dating Seth. I also started to like Georgie a bit more, I got inteerested about the ending of the book and just tried to find as much time to read as possible.

Finished it finally and ahh, I'm so happy. Though I feel a bit bad for Seth though. But then again, he had his chances and he didn't do anything. 
All in all this book was good, I give it 3,5 stars. I liked it, I didn't stop reading it when it started to get annoying. I got it finished. It is an adult book so maybe that's one reason it didn't hit me. 
 
 


WANT TO BUY BOOKS WITH FREE SHIPPING?

Use this link to get to Book Depository and I'll receive a small commission and you can buy some awesome books with free shipping!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

 
Hanna Reads Blog Design by Ipietoon