Die for Me by Amy Plum


Goodreads


Title: Die for Me
Author: Amy Plum
Series: Revenants
Genres: Young adult, fantasy, paranormal, romance
Pages: 341
Published: May 11th 2011
Publisher: Atom




SYNOPSIS

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my siste Georgia and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with our grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that put his life at risk every day. He also has enemies... immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart - as well as my life and my family's - in jeopardy for a chance at love?


WHAT I THINK

Kate is sixteen years old teenage girl who's parents had just died and she and her sister, Georgia, had moved to Paris. Her sister goes to parties and has friends but Kate keeps by herself the most. 
One day she leaves the house and goes to this café to read. There she meets him, the mysterious Vincent, for the first time.

Well, well, well. I was really stunned by this book! I liked it a lot but didn't love it. Revenants, don't think I've ever read anything like that before. 
Honestly at first I thought this is another vampire-human lovestory book but no. This was nice change to that subject.

I love Vincent. He was so determined to get Kate. He wanted to tell her all adn when he did, she left him. Still he didn't give up and gahh I'm so happy. Tough I got very annoyed by Kate when she just left doors slamming after witnessing something she was told not to come see at all.
Lucien, oh how I guessed he's a bad boy. I guess he got what he deserved. And well, of course Georgia would keep seeing him after she's told not to. I mean, who would have actually said that 'okay, i'll never meet with him again if you say so'. I wouldn't have done that.

I'm still so stunned about this book that I don't even know what to say! I really want to read the rest of this series as soon as possible and I hope those are going to be at least as good as this one! I'm wondering if Kate might be a revenant someday too, hmm.
I also recommend everyone who likes fantasy and paranormal YA books to read this. This really was a good one and very nice change after reading only books about vampires.

I'll give this 4/5 stars. Only because this wasn't 'read in one sitting' book. I wanted to read this, didn't left it in the pile to gather dust, I wanted it to have a happy ending. I got the happy ending and all but still I was left to hope something more. Probably more action or something.


WANT TO BUY BOOKS WITH FREE SHIPPING?
Use this link to get to Book Depository and I'll receive a small commission and you can buy some awesome books with free shipping!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

 
Hanna Reads Blog Design by Ipietoon