AN EMBER IN THE ASHES



Title: An Ember in the Ashes

Author: Sabaa Tahir

Series: An Ember in the Ashes
Genres: Fantasy, romance, science fiction, young adult
Pages: 446
Published: April 28th 2015
Publisher: Razorbill




SYNOPSIS

Laia is a slave.

Elias is a soldier.

Neither is free.

Under the Martial Empire, defiance is met with death. Those who do not vow their blood and bodies to the Emperor risk the execution of their love ones and the destruction of all they hold dear.

It is in this brutal world, inspired by ancient Rome, that Laia lives with her grandparents and older brother. The family ekes out an existence in the Empire's impoverished backstreets. They do not challenge the Empire. They've seen what happens to those who do.

But when Laia's brother is arrested for treason, Laia is forced to make a decision. In exchange for help from the rebels who promise to rescue her brother, she will risk her life to spy for the from within the Empire's greatest military academy.

There Laia meets Elias, the school's finest soldier - and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias wants only to be free of the tyranny he's being trained to enforce. He and Laia will soon realize that their destinies are intertwined - and that their choices will change the fate of the Empire itself.


WHAT I THINK

Damn I read this almost a month! screw you life getting in between me and reading. 


I picked up this book last night before going to bed. But things happened and I couldn't stop reading it and spent almost whole night at it. Because I just had to know what would happen! I just had to 'finish this one chapter and then I'll continue tomorrow'. But we all know what really happens, you just have to finish it to be able to put it down. And now I need more! I guess I have no choice but to buy more books.



So Laia is a Scholar girl living with her grandparents and brother. Things happen and soon she's a slave at Blackcliff. And not just any slave, but a slave of the ruthless commandant. 

Elias is the son of the Commandant but doesn't want to be anything like her mother. He helps Laia more than ones and things happen.


The feelings while reading this!! Gosh, the whole scale of emotions; happiness, anger, sadness, a bit of love. I got totally sucked in to this, like I was Elias and Laia. I could feel there emotions. And that's what a seriously good book does to you! It should be like this.

I loved the way Sabaa Tahir wrote it. We could see both sides of everything that happened. While Laia's side was all emotions, Elias was more action. But I didn't mind that. 


All in all I truly enjoyed this book and definitely have to buy the second one (and this too since I only loaned it from library) and find out how their journey continues! An ember in the ashes deserves whole five stars.



WANT TO BUY BOOKS WITH FREE SHIPPING?
Use this link to get to Book Depository and I'll receive a small commission and you can buy some awesome books with free shipping!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

 
Hanna Reads Blog Design by Ipietoon