Red Queen


22328546



Title: Red Queen
Author: Victoria Aveyard

Series: Red Queen

Genres: Young Adult, fantasy, science fiction
Pages: 383
Published: February 10th 2015 
Publisher: HarperTeen







SYNOPSIS

Mare Barrow's world is divided by blood - those with red and those with silver. Mare and her family are lowly Reds, destined to serve the Silver elite whose supernatural abilities make them nearly gods. Mare steals what she can to help her family survive, but when her best friend is conscripted into the army, she gambles everything to win his freedom. A twist of fate leads her to the royal palace itself, where, in front of the king and all his nobles, she discovers a power of her own - an ability she didn't know she had.
Except... her blood is Red.
To hide this impossibility, the king forces her into the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons. As Mare is drawn further into the Silver world, she risks her new position to aid the Scarlet Guard-the leaders of a Red rebellion. Her actions put into motion a deadly and violent dance, pitting prince against prince and Mare against her own heart.



WHAT I THINK

The reading slump was strong during the last month and this books did not help it at all. Though I don't blame it on this book! I found it on our library a month ago and grabbed it because the synopsis sounded really interesting.

There are Silvers, the upper caste. Then there are Reds, the lower caste.
Mare is one of the Reds. Destined to conscription because she has no job. Then there is Cal and Maven, the Silver princes with abilities that only Silvers have.

There's a day when Mare gets a job from Silvers. There becomes a day when she realises that she has an ability too even though she's Red. Because of that she becomes a betrothed to one of the princes.

Hmm, what to say, what to say. I have so much thoughts about this book but I can't but them in reasonable words. But I'll try.
It took me a month to read this book. I mostly read it during my buss drives to school because it just wasn't interesting enough for me to want to read it during some other time.
There wasn't much of nothing happening during the first half of the book. Nothing much in the last half either. And yet when something happened, it wasn't really exciting for me at least.
But I must admit that the plot twist was amazing! Really didn't see that coming even though I had my suspicions from the star. But I never could have imagined something like that to happen. And the betrayal, wow.
Those are the only two reasons to give this 3 stars. Without the forsee able plot twist, it would have been only two stars.
 




WANT TO BUY BOOKS WITH FREE SHIPPING?
Use this link to get to Book Depository and I'll receive a small commission and you can buy some awesome books with free shipping!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

 
Hanna Reads Blog Design by Ipietoon