THRONE OF GLASS


Title: Throne of Glass
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass
Genres: Fantasy, Magic, Young Adult
Pages: 404
Published: August 2nd 2012
Publisher: Bloomsbury



SYNOPSIS

Meet Celaena Sardothien.
Beautiful. Deadly.
Destined for greatness.

In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, an eighteen-year-old girl is serving a life sentence. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake. She got caught.

Young Captain Westfall offers her a deal: her freedom in return for one huge sacrifice. Celaena must represent the prince in a to-the-death tournament - fighting the most gifted thieves and assassins in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose, she is about to discover her true destiny. But will her assassin's heart be melted?


WHAT I THINK

Oh. My. God. This was so good! I mean, why didn't anyone tell me that I shouldn't read this before I have all the books in hand? I need MORE! I want to binge read all of them!

Celaena is an assassin, given a second chance, kind of. She takes a part in competition to become the King's champion. She's guarded by the captain of royal guard, Chaol. She's the crown Prince's champion. She makes a dear friend in the castle and as if the tests aren't enough, there's something evil lurking in the castle too.
First I must say I'm most definitely team Chaol! Who wouldn't be? Second, I fell in love for Celaena from the very beginning. I love how sassy she is! Very different from the usual girls in books. She's awesome. But Kaltain on the other hand, god I hate her. 
This book kept me hooked in it all the time. Every possible free time I had, I was spending it reading. All the emotions, all the action, just perfect. Nothing was obvious, the story keeps you guessing possible suspects and outcomes and yet still you might be wrong.
The ending of the competition though. I'm pretty sure I was holding my breath trough the whole time. You just couldn't know for sure that would someone die or could they possibly stay alive. I think I might have bitten all my fingernails because of the nervousness.
This book most definitely deserves five stars. I will recommend it to everyone who haven't yet read it.






WANT TO BUY BOOKS WITH FREE SHIPPING?
Use this link to get to Book Depository and I'll receive a small commission and you can buy some awesome books with free shipping!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

 
Hanna Reads Blog Design by Ipietoon