IF I WAS YOUR GIRL

© Goodreads

TITLE: If I was your girl
AUTHOR: Meredith Russo
GENRES: Young Adult, GLBT, Contemporary, Romance
PAGES: 304
PUBLISHED: June 1st 2016 
PUBLISHER: Usborne Publishing


'Important and brave. Read this wonderful book, just read it.' -- Jennifer Niven, author ofAll the Bright Places

Amanda Hardy is the new girl at school.

Like everyone else, all she wants is to make friends and fit in. But Amanda is holding back. Even from Grant, the guy she's falling in love with.

Amanda has a secret.

At her old school, she used to be called Andrew. And secrets always have a way of getting out.

A book about loving yourself and being loved for who you really are

WHAT I THINK

In this book we follow the life of Amanda's. She moves in with his dad to a new town to get a totally fresh start in life. But Amanda does have a secret with her, back at her old shcool she was called Andrew.

This book is just amazing! I want to recommend it to each and everyone who haven't read this yet. It just simply is a must read for everyone.

There's parts that are from Amanda's past before Lambertville and parts that focus on the future. I really liked this kind of reading and the fact that all the parts from past are directly marked and the reader always knows where we are going during the story.
If I was your girl really made me go through the whole rainbow of feelings: from sad to happy to all the way being super angry. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm a parent for soon three kids and I hate all kinds of inequality but some of Amanda's fathers comments really made me see red and I'm not surprised that it made her feel that way. But of course every person is different and even though I don't mind my kids' gender etc, someone else does. But luckily her dad has some super grate moments too!
Amanda does indeed find love at her new school which made me so happy but at the same time it kept me on my toes and I wasn't able to think that it'll last. But how cute they are together! And what a complete idt that Parker guy is, grr I'd love to punch him. As the story continues, I started to think that maybe they will understand each others, maybe they both have rough backgrounds. And I have to admit that all my life I have been thinking the same as Grant: girls really are complicated! 
This one keeps you hooked to the end of the story and trust me: it really is worth the time.

All in all I give this book a solid 5/5. I don't regret reading this at all, not even a little bit. I think I might have something more about this subject than I knew before and that is only a good thing.

WANT TO BUY BOOKS WITH FREE SHIPPING?
Use this link to get to Book Depository and I'll receive a small commission and you can buy some awesome books with free shipping!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

 
Hanna Reads Blog Design by Ipietoon