SALT TO THE SEA

©Goodreads

TITLE: Salt to the Sea
AUTHOR: Ruta Sepetys
GENRES: Historical Fiction, Fiction, Historical, Young Adult
PAGES: 393
PUBLISHED: February 2nd 2016
PUBLISHER: Philomel Books



Winter, 1945. Four teenagers. Four secrets.

Each one born of a different homeland; each one hunted, and haunted, by tragedy, lies… and war.

As thousands of desperate refugees flock to the coast in the midst of a Soviet advance, four paths converge, vying for passage aboard the Wilhelm Gustloff, a ship that promises safety and freedom.

Yet not all promises can be kept.

Inspired by the single greatest tragedy in maritime history, bestselling and award-winning author Ruta Sepetys (Between Shades of Gray) lifts the veil on a shockingly little-known casualty of World War II. An illuminating and life-affirming tale of heart and hope.



WHAT I THINK

This book is a historical fiction based on real life events. In this book there's 4 young people who all have different backgrounds and they all come from different places. But all of them ends up at the same ship, Wilhelm Gustloff, more or less together. They all meet together in different circumstances and they all end up kind of staying together.

I love everything that's related to history somehow. I have always been interested in every war, everything that has happened in the past, no matter where it has been happened, it's super interesting. So clearly when I found out about this book, I was super keen to get my hands on it and read it. And so it happened that I found it from my local library as an audiobook! But I really loved this book and I will be buying it at some point and re-read this.

I think that every history related book that I have read, has gotten 5/5 stars and this one is no exception. I was hooked right from the beginning and stayed on that very same hook until the end. I was left to hope something more for the ending but not enough to give 4 stars. Still I would have loved to get to know a little bit more but I'm happy with what I got.

It is a heartbreaking story about war but what else could it be? With they all telling their stories from their points of view, we get to know every one of them, we get to bond with them. I loved every main character but I did fell for Shoe Poet and Wandering Boy too! What amazing characters! Rutas writing is amazing and I'll be checking Rutas other work too!

WANT TO BUY BOOKS WITH FREE SHIPPING?
Use this link to get to Book Depository and I'll receive a small commission and you can buy some awesome books with free shipping!


0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

 
Hanna Reads Blog Design by Ipietoon