SIX OF CROWS REVIEW

© Goodreads

TITLE: Six of Crows
AUTHOR: Leigh Bardugo
SERIES: Six of Crows
GENRES: Young Adult, Fantasy
PAGES: 462
PUBLISHED: September 29th 2015
PUBLISHER: Henry Holt and Company




Criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker has been offered wealth beyond his wildest dreams. But to claim it, he'll have to pull off a seemingly impossible heist:

Break into the notorious Ice Court
(a military stronghold that has never been breached)

Retrieve a hostage
(who could unleash magical havoc on the world)

Survive long enough to collect his reward
(and spend it)

Kaz needs a crew desperate enough to take on this suicide mission and dangerous enough to get the job done - and he knows exactly who: six of the deadliest outcasts the city has to offer. Together, they just might be unstoppable - if they don't kill each other first.

WHAT I THINK

Six of Crows. Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist.

Kaz Brekker is taken by a merchant who has a job offer to make. He's supposed to break in Ice Court, snap a scientist with him and then break out from there. But there's a catch. No one has never been able to break in or out from Ice Court, it's designed that way and guarded by Drüskelle, witch hunters.
Kaz Brekker, aka Dirtyhands, takes on the job and chooses five other young people to go at the Ice Court with him and together they venture to the Ice Court more or less liking each others.

So, now that I'm finished with this book, I'm still feeling kind of meh. There's still some hype going on about this one and it's sequel, though not as much as there were last year, but I can't see why. Of course I do know that we all have our own opinions and I respect that! I just have million post-it's in front of me and there's actually nothing major in these that would make up that meh. So I think this just wasn't the book for me, though I'm still definitely going to read the sequel too!

At the synopsis it's said if they don't kill each other first. That's one thing that left me wondering who's supposed to be killing who? Because I didn't recognize any true hatred between anyone. In example the two boys were more like brothers annoying each others than actually hating each other so much that would hurt the other one.

I was left to hope more action during this book. I feel like all the happenings were at the end of the book and the first over a half was kind of stalling.
But I did like the writing! And the way it's written from their points of view, every chapter containing the view of different character. It definitely made the story more interesting and exciting. Especially I liked the fact that when the chapter and character changed, time still moved forward and you were left thinking what happened to the previous character, was he/she hurt, captured, killed etc. That definitely kept my interest during reading this book! And even though when the time didn't really move forward while the chapter changed, the characters changed so that you still don't know what happened to the previous one before their paths cross or the character changes.

And last but not least, the characters.
I didn't really like Kaz at the start. He was annoying the heck out of me! But as the story went on, I learned more about him and learned to know him better. Still I can't say that I love him, but he's okay. Inejwas my favorite from the start and she still is! Damn that girl and her skills. She's so different compared to Kaz, even though they've spent a lot of time together. And Matthias and Nina ♥ Always remember there's two sides on every coin.

Overall this book was enjoyable but I think that I'll give it only 3 stars because of the meh.




WANT TO BUY BOOKS WITH FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING?
Use this link to get to Book Depository and I'll receive a small commission and you can buy some awesome books with free shipping!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

 
Hanna Reads Blog Design by Ipietoon